Event: Jimmie Allen
Time/date: 8 p.m. Friday June 28.
Site: Mississippi Moon Bar, Diamond Jo Casino, Port of Dubuque.
Cost: Tickets start at $30, available at www.moonbarrocks.com, Diamond Jo Casino’s Diamond Club, the Mississippi Moon Bar box office or 563-690-4800. Patrons must be 21 or older.
- The Delaware native has written a song that was featured in a Super Bowl commercial.
- “Blue Jean Baby,” from his self-titled EP, reached the top of several digital playlists.
- One of his first tours was with country stars Kane Brown and Scotty McCreery.
- In 2018, he was named an “artist to watch in 2018” by several magazines and music sources.
- His debut single, “Best Shot,” was the No. 1 Most Shazamed song and claimed the No. 1 spot on Country radio. It was the first time a black artist has launched a career with a No. 1 hit with a debut single on Country radio.
- Allen’s debut album in 2018, “Mercury Lane,” was named for the street he grew up on.
- It features a mix of country, rock, R&B and pop.