A man accused of threatening to bomb the White House and a Dubuque hospital has pleaded not guilty to state-level charges.

Christian M. Delatorre II, 25, no permanent address, recently entered written not guilty pleas in Iowa District Court for Dubuque County to two counts of felony threat-explosive or incendiary device.

Earlier, he pleaded not guilty in U.S. District Court in Cedar Rapids to a federal charge of making threats against the president. His trial is set to start July 22.

A federal criminal complaint states that a U.S. Secret Service agent met with Delatorre at MercyOne Dubuque Medical Center on April 29 to investigate repeated comments Delatorre made to nursing staff about bombing the White House to kill President Donald Trump. Delatorre was being held in the psychiatric unit.

Delatorre told the agent he had been planning to kill Trump for about a year, explaining his plan to fly bombs onto White House property using drones.

Federal court documents state Delatorre had a list of bomb-making ingredients saved on his cellphone and had reserved a bus ticket from Dubuque to Washington, D.C.

State court documents said Delatorre also made threats to bomb MercyOne during his treatment.

Copyright, Telegraph Herald. This story cannot be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without prior authorization from the TH.