1. “It’s How We Play the Game: Build a Business. Take a Stand. Make a Difference” by Ed Stack, Scribner
For readers of Phil Knight’s “Shoe Dog” and Howard Schultz’s “Onward,” an inspiring memoir from the CEO of Dick’s Sporting Goods about building a multibillion dollar business, coming to the defense of embattled youth sports programs, and taking a principled — and highly controversial — stand against the types of guns that are too often used in mass shootings and other tragedies.
2. “Trailblazer: The Power of Business as the Greatest Platform for Change” by Marc Benioff, Monica Langley, Currency
The founder and co-CEO of Salesforce delivers an inspiring vision for the future of business — one in which anyone is empowered to change the world.
3. “What It Takes: Lessons in the Pursuit of Excellence” by Stephen A. Schwarzman, Avid Reader Press
From Blackstone chairman, CEO and co-founder Schwarzman, a long-awaited book that uses impactful episodes from Schwarzman’s life to show readers how to build, transform and lead thriving organizations.
4. “Leave Something on the Table: And Other Surprising Lessons for Success in Business and in Life” by Frank Bennack, Simon & Schuster
One of the most innovative minds in business provides an equally original guide to getting ahead. Bennack’s accomplishments in media and business are unrivaled.
5. “The Soulful Art of Persuasion: The 11 Habits That Will Make Anyone a Master Influencer” by Jason Harris, Currency
“The Soulful Art of Persuasion” is a revolutionary guide to becoming a master influencer in an age of distrust through the cultivation of character-building habits that are essential to both personal growth and sustained business success.
6. “The Rule: How I Beat the Odds in the Markets and in Life — and How You Can Too” by Larry Hite, McGraw-Hill Education
The empowering story of Hite’s unlikely rise to the top of the hedge fund world — with critical insights and lessons you can take to the bank. In “The Rule,” legendary trader and hedge fund pioneer Hite recounts his working-class upbringing in Brooklyn, N.Y., as a dyslexic, partially blind kid who was anything but a model student — and how he went on to found and run Mint Investment Management Co., one of the most profitable and largest quantitative hedge funds in the world.
7. “Invested: Changing Forever the Way Americans Invest” by Charles Schwab, Currency
The founder of eponymous financial services company recounts the ups and downs he weathered as he made stock investing, once the expensive and clubby reserve of the few, accessible to ordinary Americans.
8. “The Airbnb Way: 5 Leadership Lessons for Igniting Growth Through Loyalty, Community and Belonging” by Joseph Michelli, McGraw-Hill Education
New from bestselling author Joseph Michelli, this is the story of how Airbnb has disrupted the hospitality industry with unparalleled success — along with critical lessons that apply to any 21st century business. No one understands better than Michelli how businesses create and leverage world-class customer experiences.
9. “Every Job Is a Sales Job: How to Use the Art of Selling to Win at Work” by Cindy McGovern, McGraw-Hill Education
An essential roadmap to achieving professional and personal success from the “First Lady of Sales.” While you might not have “sales” in your title, that doesn’t mean you don’t have to sell.
10. “Bitcoin Billionaires: A True Story of Genius, Betrayal and Redemption” by Ben Mezrich, Flatiron Books
From Ben Mezrich, the New York Times bestselling author of “The Accidental Billionaires” and “Bringing Down the House” comes “Bitcoin Billionaires,” the fascinating story of brothers Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss’s big bet on crypto-currency and its dazzling pay-off.
11. “Everyone Deserves a Great Manager: The 6 Critical Practices for Leading a Team” by Scott Miller, with Todd Davis and Victoria Roos Olsson, Simon & Schuster
12. “The Busy Leader’s Handbook: How to Lead People and Places that Thrive” by Quint Studer, Wiley
13. “There’s No Plan B for Your A-Game: Be the Best in the World at What You Do” by Bo Eason, St. Martins Press
14. “Swim!: How a Shark, a Suckerfish and a Parasite Teach You Leadership, Mentoring and Next Level Success” by Walter Bond, Wiley
15. “More from Less: The Surprising Story of How We Learned to Prosper Using Fewer Resources — and What Happens Next” by Andrew McAfee, Scribner