Palm Beach will make a number of adjustments to its wagering menu Sunday.
For some Florida greyhound tracks, June 30 marks the end of its racing “season,” even though they offer racing year-round.
The biggest change will be a pick 5 wager. It will be available races 10-14. It has a $1 base wager.
There will be a carryover if no one hits it, and a consolation payoff in that situation.
It also will be forced out every Saturday afternoon.
Here are some other changes at Palm Beach:
* The late pick 3 and late daily double will end.
* There will be 15 races for every performance.
* Superfecta wagering will be available on all even number races and race 15 for each performance.
One of the highlights of the end of the “season” is that the super exotics will be forced out Saturday night. Keep an eye on the carryovers; you never know; you might hit part – or all - of the pool.
* Derby Lane carries the semifinals of the St. Petersburg Derby tonight.
* Southland hosts the finals of the Derby Saturday night.
* Prairie Meadows offers the Iowa Sprint, Saylorville and Distaff Friday night.
* Dubuque’s twin tri is $1,571.
* Gulf’s late tri super is $35,034.
* Wheeling Island’s tri super is $11,435.
* Arlington Park’s pick 9 is $39,381; super high five is $86,801.
* Belmont’s pick 6 is $39,758
* Churchill Downs’ super high five is $25,092.