We’re a week or so into the live racing season at Dubuque Greyhound Park, and the dogs are starting to settle in to some consistency.
While that can change quickly in the handicapping world, it’s good to have a few greyhounds you can count on.
The following are some of the top performers of 2014 so far. These aren’t necessarily winning every race; they are dogs that are showing a lot of positives:
* Superior Product.
* Quirky Chandler.
* Boc’s Barneyfife.
* Pat C BS Dewitt
* B’s Gracebswift.
* Roc A By Spinoff.
* Comet Can Fly.
There are several in the honorable mention category, and the list will be plenty fluid as the races resume this week.
* Bluffs Run forces out its twin tri Wednesday evening. The carryover is $833.
* Winning tickets from Sam Houston Race Park must be cashed by Saturday.
* Bluffs Run has the first round of the 3/8ths Mile Derby today.
* Derby Lane hosts the second round of the Gold Trophy Juvenile tonight. The third round is Saturday night.
* Southland has the second round of the Razorback Classic tonight.
* Belmont has the Diablo and Peter Pan Saturday. On Sunday, it’s the Man O’War, License Fee, Westchester and Ruffian Handicap.
* Prairie Meadows has the Mamie Eisenhower Friday night and John Wayne Saturday night.
* Woodbine carries the Fury Saturday and Vigil Sunday.
* Dubuque’s twin tri is $376.
* Derby Lane’s tri super is $10,757.
* Woodbine’s super high 5 is $61,143.