A house fire displaced four residents Monday in Dubuque.

There were no injuries from the fire at 2286 Central Ave., according to Assistant Fire Chief Cal Motsch.

Motsch said firefighters arrived at the scene at 8:42 a.m.

“There was a two-story house with an addition on the back,” Motsch said. “The fire started in the kitchen in the addition. Someone was cooking on the stove and may have left the room. When they returned, they tried to put out the fire with the sprayer hose from the sink and a bucket of water.”

ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW ADVERTISEMENT

Motsch said the fire spread to the rafters of the addition before it was extinguished by firefighters.

“The addition sustained enough damage that the interior will need to be redone,” Motsch said.

Central Avenue was briefly blocked in the vicinity of the fire.

The final fire units left the scene at 9:56 a.m.

Comments disabled.